1. Best first date: have a drink somewhere, and maybe dinner afterward.
2. On the first date, a restaurant is always a good choice, surveys show that Italian restaurants are the most preferred on these occasions.
3. Most important to people in an online profile are the’About me’ (55%) and the ‘Pictures’ section (45%). So sometimes pictures really worth a thousand words.
4. Despite this, about one-third of online daters do not upload a profile picture to their online dating profile.
5. People who do upload a picture are better to be uploading photos with which they can enhance their qualities and make themselves unique – meanwhile, they still look attractive of course. Pictures about hobbies can give a great spark to conversations when meeting each other in person.
6. After the ‘About me’ and the ‘Pictures’ section on a dating profile, the most important for online daters is the geographical location and the age of the potential partner.
7. When looking for a potential partner online, some of the most important dealbreakers are smoking, drinking, political views, religious views, education, racial background, and children.
8. 51% of all online dating people are in a relationship, only 21% are really single and 11% are married. (that’s creepy)
9. 80% of online daters know someone who found love on the internet – this is a great motivation for most of them.
10. About 50% of all people on the world know someone who dated someone they met on the internet. Out of them, about 30% knows more than one person.